Google Plays First Annual Player Choice Awards
Google for the first time has decided to have a ‘players choice awards’ on their platform for the most popular games and apps on the Android market.
According to Google, the Players Choice Awards are being held to recognize the outstanding games and apps on the service. As many know, Google Play is the primary store for Android devices.
Below is a list of the winners, where customers had to vote to determine the most addictive title, best movie-licensed title, and more.
- Most addictive game: Knights & Dragons (Gree)
- Best franchise game: Bejeweled Blitz (Electronic Arts)
- Best game based on a movie: The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle-earth (Kabam)
- Best app for enhancing the everyday: Duolingo: Learn Languages Free (Duolingo)
- Best app for booking and buying: Flixster (Flixster, Inc.)
- Best Google app: YouTube (Google)
If you’re unfamiliar with the aforementioned apps, here’s a little bit of info on each of them.
Knights & Dragons is a F2P (free-to-play) action role-playing game. Players go on quests to defeat enemies and collect loot while building up a kingdom.
Bejeweled Blitz is EA’s most notorious match-3 puzzler that speeds up gameplay with timed rounds.
The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle-earth is a city-building game based on The Hobbit film franchise.
On the non-game apps side..
- Duolingo is a language-learning platform as well as app.
- Flixster is a film-review and ticket-purchasing app, and we all know what YouTube is.
In addition to the official awards that were given, Google also awarded those who had the most write-in votes.
- Ingress (Google)
- Samurai Siege (Space Ape Games)
- NewsHog: Google News & Weather (SoLoMob, Inc.)
- SwiftKey Keyboard (SwiftKey)
You can look these ones up if you feel so inclined.
In other news..
App Annie has announced a new update to their eBook tracking for Amazon, find out more here.